BECOME A CPR INSTRUCTOR!
This course is intended for all individuals whose primary focus is education and training of healthcare providers and the general public in proper cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques.. The American Heart Association states, "An AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in resuscitation courses. The AHA requires that Instructors be at least 16 years of age for Heartsaver Instructor and BLS Instructor courses". Skills taught include BLS Provider technique and methodology, effective modes of instruction for specific courses, documentation compliance with AHA guidelines and much more. (American Heart Assocation, www.heart.org)
As a BLS Instructor, you will be certified to teach the following courses:
BLS for Providers®
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
COURSE FEE: $300.00
- 6-hours of classroom instruction
- 2-year Instructor Certification (BLS Instructors may teach all Heartsaver level CPR and First Aid courses)
- BLS Instructor Manual eBook
- BLS Instructor Essentials Course key code
Please review the Instructor Wizard for complete details and requirements for aligning with Ta Medical Association( by going to www.tamedical.org.)
The following documentation must be completed and submitted prior to the start of class for all students:
- Candidate must have a current American Heart Association® BLS Provider card and provide proof.
- Candidate must complete the (1.5 – 2 hours) online BLS Instructor Essentials Course and provide us with the BLS Essentials Certification. You will need the BLS Instructor Manual/ Ebook in order to complete this required AHA portion. You will need to print and bring the certificate with you to class
- Candidate must be aligned with an American Heart Association® Training Center prior to taking the course. You can align with Jurman Medical Association ID# CA02952 and will need to complete our Instructor Wizard prior. If a Candidate is aligned with another Training Center, please inform Jurman Medical Association in advance and bring a completed “Instructor Candidate Application” to class signed by primary Training Center's TC Coordinator.
After successful completion of BLS Instructor Course, participants must be monitored teaching their first full American Heart Association® BLS or Heartsaver CPR Course within 6 months. A TC Faculty will monitor the student teacher. After successful evaluation the student teacher will be provided with a course completion card and two year certification as a BLS Instructor. Please see Instructor Agreement for Fees/Cost to monitor and align with the Training Center.
Class will be held in San Jose, California. Upon registration the address will be sent to you.
Class is non-refundable